Play-by-Play Announcer Internship
Arroyo Seco Saints Collegiate Summer Baseball
Pasadena, CA | Summer 2023
Vince Reyes, Media Manager/Staff Lead
Summer 2023 (June-Early August)
Contact & Resume/Portfolio Submission
Vince Reyes, Media Manager/Staff Lead
Organization & Internship Background
The Arroyo Seco Saints, a certified 501(c)3 non-profit organization, attracts elite college players, coaches, and college students seeking to gain experience in the sports industry to the greater Los Angeles area for the months of June and July. A proud member of the California Collegiate League and entering its 19th season of operation, the Saints strive to provide the finest collegiate summer baseball experience in the nation.
Learn by doing! Interns will be key players in advancing our mission. The Arroyo Seco Saints Internship Program offers current college students the chance to receive a first-hand look at the day-to-day operations of a college summer baseball organization. You will spend the summer gaining valuable experience in the sports industry, building your resume and career portfolio, and learning through mentoring, networking, and training.
• Home Stadium: Jackie Robinson Memorial Field (Pasadena, California)
• Located 10 minutes north of Los Angeles adjacent to the world-famous Rose-Bowl Stadium.
• Opponent locations: Throughout the state of California.
Play-by-Play Announcer Responsibilities
The Arroyo Seco Saints are accepting applications for Play-by-Play Announcers for the broadcast of online streaming of summer collegiate baseball games. Candidates must be comfortable giving play-by-play descriptions during a live video broadcast. The successful candidate possesses a fundamental knowledge about baseball including rules, positions, and be able to provide commentary about players, teams, and statistics during live action and coverage breaks. The Play-by-Play Announcer will have the ability to multi-task in a busy environment. A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. To be considered for this position, please submit a web application, cover letter, and resume.
• Prior experience in live broadcasting or PA announcing.
• Possess a passion proficiency for live broadcasting or PA announcing.
• Basic knowledge of livestream production software and production flow.
• Interest and knowledge of collegiate-level baseball.
• Pursuing or recently completed an undergraduate degree in a related major.
• Represent the Arroyo Seco Saints exhibiting a high-level of professionalism at all times.
• Upbeat and friendly attitude.
• Excellent organizational skills. Self-motivated and detail oriented.
• A team player with a “get it done” attitude and work ethic.
• Interact with Saints front office members, coaches, players, staff, and staff from opposing organizations, the California Collegiate League, and more.
• Working knowledge of the college athletics sector. Knowledge of baseball is a plus.
• Creative! Willing to offer ideas and suggestions.
• Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours including nights and weekends.
• Dependable transportation to home games. Team bus transportation is provided to most away games.
• Reports to the Assistant General Manager for Media & Marketing and Assistant General Manager for Operations. Occasionally takes direction from the General Manager and other Saints staff.
The Saints 2023 college summer season runs June to early August. Games will be played approximately five days a week. All intern staff will be required to participate (in-person or by conference call) in an introductory meeting in mid-May. The internship ends shortly after the conclusion of the season. Being able to start remote work before the season begins is preferred.
• College credit is available for this position, those who do not need credit are still welcome to apply!.
• Attire: Khaki shorts/pants and an Arroyo Seco Baseball Polo (polo provided by team).
• Hours vary. Gamedays are typically 3:00-9:00 p.m. Non-game days are on an as-needed basis.
• All interns will be required to commit for the duration of the season (exceptions for varying school start/stop dates will be reviewed on an individual basis).
• Interns will have the opportunity to build relationships with industry professionals and with members of the professional, collegiate and amateur baseball community.
Please use the application form below to apply: