Team Photographer Internship
Arroyo Seco Saints Collegiate Summer Baseball
Pasadena, CA | Summer 2023
Angela Martinez, Media Manager/Staff Lead
Summer 2023 (June-Early August)
Contact & Resume/Portfolio Submission
Angela Martinez, Media Manager/Staff Lead
Organization & Internship Background
The Arroyo Seco Saints, a certified 501(c)3 non-profit organization, attracts elite college players, coaches, and college students seeking to gain experience in the sports industry to the greater Los Angeles area for the months of June and July. A proud member of the California Collegiate League and entering its 19th season of operation, the Saints strive to provide the finest collegiate summer baseball experience in the nation.
Learn by doing! Photography interns will be key players in advancing our mission. You will spend the summer gaining valuable experience in the sports industry, building your resume and career portfolio, and learning through mentoring, networking, and training.
• Home Stadium: Jackie Robinson Memorial Field (Pasadena, California)
• Located 10 minutes north of Los Angeles adjacent to the world-famous Rose-Bowl Stadium.
• Opponent locations: Throughout the state of California.
Team Photographer Responsibilities
— Capture images and be a visual storyteller and photojournalist. Imagery should summarize a major play, game, season, and the true essence of the Arroyo Seco Saints collegiate summer baseball experience.
— Create a photographic history of the 2023 Saints season.
• Specifically capture:
— Images to be used for in-game and program-wide marketing opportunities: Saints website, Saints social media platforms, California Collegiate League (CCL) website, and other platforms.
— Numerous action shots of each player throughout the season.
— Shots to be used in End of The Season Player Evaluations distributed to college coaches, baseball scouts and members of the baseball community.
• Co-Lead an organization-wide photo shoot day or “Media Day” with Head Photographer:
— Coordinate headshots and creative shots of each member of the organization.
— Organize a program photo, and group photos of players, coaches, staff and interns.
• On a daily and game by game basis, edit, label and upload photos to the Saints website, internal management platform, and social media accounts.
• Work closely with Saints staff and fellow interns to produce compelling in-game and marketing content (lead photos for website game recaps, photo galleries, social media etc.). Maintain the Saints brand integrity in all elements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Possess a passion and proficiency for sports photography and photojournalism.
• Pursuing or recently completed an undergraduate degree in a related major.
• Represent the Arroyo Seco Saints exhibiting a high-level of professionalism at all times.
• Photography equipment and computer for editing.
• Proficiency in Adobe Lightroom Classic and Photoshop.
• Upbeat and friendly attitude.
• Excellent organizational skills. Self-motivated and detail oriented.
• Work proactively and possess creative problem-solving skills.
• A team player with a “get it done” work ethic. Be deadline driven.
• Comfortable working in groups to produce multimedia.
The Saints 2023 college summer season runs June to early August. Games will be played approximately five days a week. All intern staff will be required to participate (in-person or by conference call) in an introductory meeting in mid-May. The internship ends shortly after the conclusion of the season. Being able to start remote work before the season begins is preferred.
• The position is eligible as a college credit internship. Applicants not in need of credit may still apply
• Hours Vary. Gamedays are typically 3:00-9:00 p.m. Non-game days are on an as-needed basis.
• All interns will be required to commit for the duration of the season (exceptions for varying school start/stop dates will be reviewed on an individual basis).
• Interns will have the opportunity to build relationships with industry professionals and with members of the professional, collegiate and amateur baseball community.
Please use the application form below to apply: