Arroyo Seco Saints Collegiate Summer Baseball
Pasadena, CA | Summer 2023
Isabella McCormick, Asst. GM/Staff Lead: (818-422-7118)
Jake Fredrickson, Asst. GM/GA Manager: (206-310-4030)
Summer 2023 (June-Early August)
Contact & Resume/Portfolio Submission
Isabella McCormick, Asst. GM/Staff Lead
firstname.lastname@example.org, (818) 422-7118
Jake Fredrickson, Asst. GM/GA Manager
email@example.com, (206) 310-4030
Organization & Internship Background
The Arroyo Seco Saints, a certified 501(c)3 non-profit organization, attracts elite college players, coaches, and college students seeking to gain experience in the sports industry to the greater Los Angeles area for the months of June and July. A proud member of the California Collegiate League and entering its 19th season of operation, the Saints strive to provide the finest collegiate summer baseball experience in the nation.
Learn by doing! Interns will be key players in advancing our mission. The Arroyo Seco Saints Internship Program offers current college students the chance to receive a first-hand look at the day-to-day operations of a college summer baseball organization. You will spend the summer gaining valuable experience in the sports industry, building your resume and career portfolio, and learning through mentoring, networking, and training.
• Home Stadium: Jackie Robinson Memorial Field (Pasadena, California)
• Located 10 minutes north of Los Angeles adjacent to the world-famous Rose-Bowl Stadium.
• Opponent locations: Throughout the state of California.
• Work closely with staff, as well as players and coaches, to make sure all stadium, team, and clubhouse operations are properly managed.
• Assist the Saints manager and coaches with daily tasks.
• Ensure Saints and opposing players, coaches, staff, and front office members are well taken care of.
• Execute setup and tear down for all games and events at Jackie Robinson Memorial Field.
• Distribute equipment and uniforms. Ensure both are returned at the conclusion of the season. Maintain and clean equipment.
• Maintain the stadium and field as needed. Lead all game day operations and post-game clean-up.
• Possess a passion for the sports industry, and an upbeat and friendly attitude.
• Pursuing or recently completed an undergraduate degree in a related major.
• Represent the Arroyo Seco Saints exhibiting a high-level of professionalism at all times.
• Excellent organizational skills. Self-motivated and detail oriented.
• A team player with a “get it done” attitude and work ethic.
• Comfortable working in groups. Interact with Saints front office members, coaches, players, staff, and staff from opposing organizations, the California Collegiate League, and more.
• Working knowledge of the college athletics sector. Knowledge of baseball is a plus.
• Creative! Willing to offer ideas and suggestions.
• Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours including nights and weekends.
• Must be a local candidate to Southern California or provide your own housing.
• Dependable transportation to home games. Team bus transportation is provided to most away games.
• Reports to the Assistant General Manager(s) for Operations
The Saints college summer season runs June to early August. Games will be played approximately five days a week. All intern staff will be required to participate (in-person or by conference call) in an introductory meeting in mid-May. The internship ends shortly after the conclusion of the season.
• The position is eligible as a college credit internship. Applicants not in need of credit may still apply
• Hours Vary. Gamedays are typically 3:00-9:00 p.m. Non-game days are on an as-needed basis.
• All interns will be required to commit for the duration of the season (exceptions for varying school start/stop dates will be reviewed on an individual basis).
• Interns will have the opportunity to build relationships with industry professionals and with members of the professional, collegiate and amateur baseball community.
Please use the application form below to apply: