Information Technology & Web Development Internship
Arroyo Seco Saints Collegiate Summer Baseball
Pasadena, CA | Summer 2023
Information Technology & Web Development
Isabella McCormick, Asst. GM/Staff Lead (818) 422-7118
Summer 2023 (June-Early August)
Contact & Resume/Portfolio Submission
Isabella McCormick, Asst. GM/Staff Lead
email@example.com, (818) 422-7118
Organization & Internship Background
The Arroyo Seco Saints, a certified 501(c)3 non-profit organization, attracts elite college players, coaches, and college students seeking to gain experience in the sports industry to the greater Los Angeles area for the months of June and July. A proud member of the California Collegiate League and entering its 19th season of operation, the Saints strive to provide the finest collegiate summer baseball experience in the nation.
Learn by doing! Information Technology & Web Development Interns will be key players in advancing our mission. You will spend the summer gaining valuable experience in the coding web applications for the sports industry, building your resume and career portfolio, and learning through mentoring, networking, and training.
• Home Stadium: Jackie Robinson Memorial Field (Pasadena, California)
• Located 10 minutes north of Los Angeles adjacent to the world-famous Rose-Bowl Stadium.
• Opponent locations: Throughout the state of California.
Information Technology & Web Development Responsibilities
• Develop and design the Arroyo Seco Saints website
• Upload and update team roster throughout the season
• Assist with any website based tasks that arise
• Work with Statistics interns to develop stat based website functions
• Manage the Home Field WiFi/Local Area Networks
• Manage and setup the mobile WiFi network
• Assist staff members in technology and computing troubleshooting
• Report to Manager for special projects throughout the season
• Pursuing or completed an undergraduate degree in a related major.
• Ability to build, design, and manage website traffic
• Brief knowledge of API linkages and Widget development
• Knowledge of WordPress web environments, plugins, and applications
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Understanding of basic networking concepts and ability to setup a mobile-local network from both metered and non-metered LTE/5G connections
• Represent the Arroyo Seco Saints by exhibiting a high level of professionalism at all times.
• A team player with a “get it done” work ethic.
• Upbeat and friendly attitude.
• Work proactively and possess strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills. Self-motivated and detail oriented.
• Comfortable working in groups. Interact with Saints front office members, coaches, players, staff, and staff from opposing organizations, the California Collegiate League, and more.
The Saints 2023 college summer season runs June to early August. This internship position is remote and will run from January to August. It is required that the applicant has flexibility and ability to complete a variety of tasks throughout this time period. A large portion of this internship can be completed remotely.
• This position is intended to receive college credit, applicants who do not need credit are still welcome! Internship has the possibility of including paid projects.
• Hours will vary. Gamedays are typically 3:00-10:00 p.m. for home games. Away game and non-game days will differ in hours and responsibilities
• Flexibility is key to being successful in the professional sports realm.
Please use the application form below to apply: