Grant Writing Internship
Arroyo Seco Saints Collegiate Summer Baseball
Pasadena, CA | Spring & Summer 2023
INTENRSHIP OPPORTUNITY: Grant Writing Internship
REPORTS TO: Advancement Coordinator, Assistant General Manager, Executive Director
STATUS: Part-Time (8-30 hours/week)
COMPENSATION: Intern position, no monetary compensation; Future paid-staff consideration
LOCATION: Remote or On-Site
CONTACT & RESUME SUBMISSION: Isabella McCormick, email@example.com
The Arroyo Seco Saints, a certified 501(c)3 non-profit organization, attracts elite college players, coaches, and college students seeking to gain experience in the sports industry to the greater Los Angeles area for the months of June and July. A proud member of the California Collegiate League and entering its 19th season of operation, the Saints strive to provide the finest collegiate summer baseball experience in the nation.
Learn by doing! Interns will be key players in advancing our mission. The Arroyo Seco Saints Internship Program offers current college students the chance to receive a first-hand experience a function area that supports the day-to-day operations of a college summer baseball franchise. You will gain valuable experience in the sports industry, build your resume and career portfolio, and learn through mentoring, networking, and training.
We are seeking interns capable of researching funding opportunities with fixed guidelines, initiating and maintain contact with foundations and writing grants for eligible funding. This will require an intern with strong research, writing and analytical skills.
The Grant Writing Intern’s primary responsibilities will be to research and identify appropriate grantors and funding opportunities; assess organization and mission match for those available opportunities; the execution and timely submission of grant requests and/or letters of intent (LOI’s); the creation of a foundation roster and submission/reporting-deadlines calendar. If applicable, the intern will represent our organization at granting presentations. This internship works closely with the Advancement Coordinator and the Executive Director and works in partnership with program staff and stakeholders.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for researching and identifying available government and private funding opportunities that align with the short-term and long-term funding needs of the organization.
- Gather all required documents for grant/funding submissions.
- Communicate the organization’s mission and purpose to potential funders.
- Maintain knowledge of proper protocols and all relevant local, federal, and state guidelines required for the proper proposal submission process.
- Generate revenues for the organization’s programs and services through submission of researched, well- written, and well-documented grant and/or fundraising proposals.
- Maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Ensure organizational compliance with all grant requirements.
- Design and incorporate strategic planning with each program on the narrative and budget that produces results and solutions to identified needs.
- Maintain communication on progress of obtained grants and funding opportunities with direct-report managers and executive staff.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure compliance with related policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in proposal or grant writing preferred.
- Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing, phone and organizational skills.
- Strong time-management and the ability to work in deadline-driven environments.
- Strong foundation of research capabilities.
- Understanding of contract requirements management including activity design and data collection to ensure compliant contract expectations.
- Flexible team player, self-motivated and detail oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workflow and manage multiple opportunity submissions concurrently.
- Computer aptitude including strong experience with Microsoft365 Suite of products.
- Possess a passion for the sports industry, and an upbeat and friendly attitude.
- Pursuing or recently completed an undergraduate degree in a related major.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Position will require use of a personal computer and data connectivity.
- The position is eligible to earn college credit. Applicants not in need of credit may still apply.
Please use the application form below to apply: