Data Analytics & Statistics Internship
Arroyo Seco Saints Collegiate Summer Baseball
Pasadena, CA | Summer 2023
Data Analytics & Statistics
Isabella McCormick, Asst. GM/Staff Lead (818-422-7118)
Summer 2023 (June-Early August)
Contact & Resume/Portfolio Submission
Isabella McCormick, Asst. GM/Staff Lead
email@example.com, (818) 422-7118
Organization & Internship Background
The Arroyo Seco Saints, a certified 501(c)3 non-profit organization, attracts elite college players, coaches, and college students seeking to gain experience in the sports industry to the greater Los Angeles area for the months of June and July. A proud member of the California Collegiate League and entering its 19th season of operation, the Saints strive to provide the finest collegiate summer baseball experience in the nation.
Learn by doing! Data and Statistics Interns will be key players in advancing our mission. You will spend the summer gaining valuable experience in the sports industry, building your resume and career portfolio, and learning through mentoring, networking, and training.
• Home Stadium: Jackie Robinson Memorial Field (Pasadena, California)
• Located 10 minutes north of Los Angeles adjacent to the world-famous Rose-Bowl Stadium.
• Opponent locations: Throughout the state of California.
Data Analytics & Statistics Responsibilities
• Be the official scorer of all home games and away games as needed
• Gather and calculate a variety of statistics during games as assigned by Manager
• Scout opponents to gather valuable statistical information
• Work with others to compile important statistical information
• Report to Manager for special projects throughout the season
• Pursuing or completed an undergraduate degree in a related major.
• Represent the Arroyo Seco Saints by exhibiting a high level of professionalism at all times.
• A team player with a “get it done” work ethic.
• Upbeat and friendly attitude.
• Work proactively and possess strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills. Self-motivated and detail oriented.
• Comfortable working in groups. Interact with Saints front office members, coaches, players, staff, and staff from opposing organizations, the California Collegiate League, and more.
• Knowledge of baseball rules and statistics required
The Saints college summer season runs June to early August. Games will be played approximately five days a week. All intern staff will be required to participate (in-person or by conference call) in an introductory meeting in mid-May. The internship ends shortly after the conclusion of the season.
• This position is intended to receive college credit, applicants who do not need credit are still welcome!
• Hours will vary. Gamedays are typically 3:00-10:00 p.m. for home games. Away game and non-game days will differ in hours and responsibilities
• Flexibility is key to being successful in the professional sports realm.
Please use the application form below to apply: