Operations InternshipBy Arroyo Seco Saints May 17, 2018 01:05pm
Operations Internship for a Collegiate Summer League baseball organization. This is an unpaid internship located in the greater Los Angeles area.
– Work closely with the staff, as well as players and coaches, to make sure all clubhouse and stadium duties are properly managed
– Assisting managers and coaches from the league with daily tasks
– Ensuring that players are well taken care of
– Delegating equipment and uniforms
– Maintaining and cleaning of equipment
– Set up and tear down for all games and events at the ballpark
– Maintaining the stadium and the field with the assistance of the Assistant General Manager
– In charge of game day operations and post-game cleanup at the ballpark
– Responsible for creating fliers for events, contacting outside organizations, and organizing the events
– Promotional events both during games and at community appearances
– Will create contacts within a prosperous community, and with businesses throughout the San Gabriel Valley
– Other tasks as needed; we are all part of a team and will help each other accomplish all duties
– Pursuing or completed undergraduate degree
– Good organizational skills
– Good team player with great attitude
– Ability to work in fast-paced environment
– Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours including nights and weekends
– Must be a Local Candidate
– Dependable transportation to Game sites as necessary
The season runs through June and July, with games played roughly five days a week. All interns will be required to attend (in-person or by conf. call) an introductory meeting in
mid-May, a few weeks before the beginning of the season. The internship ends shortly after the conclusion of the season.
– The position is un-paid. College credit available upon request.
– Attire: khaki shorts and Arroyo Seco Baseball Polo (polo provided by team)
– Hours: Varied and long. Gamedays are typically 3:05pm-10:05pm and non-game days are on an as-needed basis to prepare for travel to upcoming away games.
– All interns will be required to commit for the duration of the season (exceptions for varying school start/stop dates will be reviewed on an individual basis).
– You will make great baseball contacts, while working closely with ex-major leaguers and other baseball contacts.
– For any inquiries regarding the position, email Nicholas Gorman (email@example.com).
Arroyo Seco Baseball recruits elite collegiate players from around the country to come to Pasadena, CA and play baseball in the months of June and July. The Arroyo Seco Baseball organization strives to provide entertainment as well as quality baseball for the residents of the San Gabriel Valley, and fans around the country.
Arroyo Seco Baseball is a non-profit organization recognized under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code.
Arroyo Seco Baseball is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Nick Gorman, 805-252-7594, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Stafford, 626-840-5367, email@example.com